Saturday, October 25, 2014

Our Saturday

So I've been slacking lately. I have the best blogging intentions but it really just can't be helped. Reason for said slacking? Kids. KIDS, people.. just the kids. Do we have 75 of them? Of course not... but I feel like the 5 that we do have might as well be 75 because it really is just chaos over here. 
Every once in a while, we get to do something fun as a family- not every day, because, well... kids...but some days we do. 
Today happened to be one of those days. 
Enjoy. 
I'll start off with some nature-y photos of where we went because why on earth would I not...is this place not the most perfect picture of fall you've ever seen?

Breathe deep... can't you smell the leaves? 
Nothing better, I tell you. 


And yes, because all of the perfect smelling, perfectly colored and falling leaves just wasn't enough perfection- I give to you- the river that runs right alone side all of this autumn-ness. 

We really do live here, and I really am this excited about this place. Growing up, I was about 5 minutes away from all of this and it brings back great memories for me. I was here all the time, even when I wasn't supposed to be but that's the sort of thing you do when you're a kid- sort of like climbing those cliffs you see in the picture above, because yes, we really did used to do that (gasp!)...
It means so much to me that not only do I get the gift of living in such a beautiful place, but that I get to share that gift with my kiddos. 
I am happy to report that they loved it all as much as I did
 (and still do!)














Isn't is just gorgeous? See those beautiful pine trees on the right there?

My child was in one. See him? See that little hint of bright green there in the middle?
Yeah... right there. Really high up actually, like, high enough where I had to walk away because I felt a little sick. 

me- "Corey, can you please get the kids out of the tree?!"
Corey- wanders over to take pictures because unlike me he was not afraid of them plummeting to their deaths. 

me- "Corey...seriously...can you get the kids out of the tree?!"
Corey- (ignores me)

me- "I am flipping out, get them out of the tree before they fall and die. If they fall out of there, THEY ARE DYING!"
Corey- "Will you leave them alone? Can you fix this?"
(his phone) 
...
(me walking away again to pay attention to 2 little girls who were off not risking their lives but instead playing nicely like little girls tend to do.)


The boys did make it out of the tree, we did have a tantrum or 2 when it was time to go home, but the kids did go to bed early and pass right out...and really... can't ask for any more than that!

(and also, I'm not going to lie...more than once during this excursion did I imagine that I was actually on the run from zombies like in The Walking Dead- I know you know what I'm talking about and you know you've done it too!)









3 comments: