Friday, March 7, 2014

Today is wonderful

It's March! 
The sun is shining! 
It's like 47 degrees! 
I'm pretty happy about all of that, can you tell?
See that?
That's gross half frozen mud water... which I have to say is just gorgeous to my sun starved eyes right now because seeing that means I'm not seeing ice. 
The whole yard is covered in swampy mush and that's just fine with me because kids love mud... which means they'll want to be outside playing in it... which means they won't be in here! 
Not being inside is something that has become imperative to our survival.  
You see, nice calm scenes of sibling love and teamwork like the one pictured above do not happen very often anymore. 

Unless of course they're begging for food, which does happen often. 
This picture cracks me right up. Why? Because 
a) Kates face is just awesome.
b) Danny is breaking it down to the music that only exists in his own head. 
c) There are 400 hundred different things happening (Kates obvious feelings towards me, Dannys epic boogie, Nate vegging out, Sean misbehaving because he doesn't agree with the cartoon choice- I know this because that's his head you can see at the bottom of the tv screen as he tries to climb up to turn it off, and if you listen really closely I'm positive you'll be able to hear the tantrum Claire was having in the background, because the sound is so shocking that I believe it can in fact be heard through pictures.)

So.... right....if these kids want to go outside and roll around in the dripping wet muddy filth I am letting them. If they want to slurp the dripping wet muddy filth through a straw, I'm letting them do that too. Because it'll be outside. And outside is at this point in the winter season, my ultimate salvation. 
Because it's March! 
And we sure do love ourselves some March around these parts!








No comments:

Post a Comment