Friday, July 19, 2013

Yes, I bought them toy guns

I may or may not have bribed my young and impressionable children today in to cleaning the basement. 
Their reward? 
A highly inappropriate but seriously entertaining (to them) semi automatic toy gun that lights up and makes noise
I am not proud of this move of desperation on my part as I'm not fond of my sweet children pretending to execute each other at close range. But, the basement mess was out of control and sometimes you have to do what you have to do. 
Also, if we're being totally honest here I only feel a touch of guilt because little boys will pretend to shoot no matter what is in their hand, be it a carrot stick or a toothbrush. They know right from wrong and the difference between playing and hurting. This small arsenal has kept them busy for most of the morning so in my head it's worth it. 
Still, it does make me cringe just a touch. 
Witness my shame. 




2 comments:

  1. Oh, my gosh, I love it!! You are SO right, kids WILL pretend like they are shooting with anything. We do have some plastic guns over here, none as cool as those ones, though. But since I have some major cleaning that needs to be done over here, hmmm... sometimes bribing is the only way. Mom's happy, kids are happy, it's a win win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post made me laugh out loud. You gotta do what you gotta do. I 100% back you up on this one! Clean house, happy mom :)

    ReplyDelete