Monday, July 15, 2013

Shape sandwiches and white chicken chili

Ever make those little sandwiches with cookie cutters? The cute ones shaped like gingerbread men, or dinosaurs....well, because they love to be difficult, my kids won't eat them. They say they're "so gross". Seriously, because a PB&J doesn't taste the same when shaped like a star apparently. But after some major lunch time aggravation, I have discovered that they will eat them if they are allowed to make them themselves. So, mess be darned, that's what we did! 

The little baby spoons I have a ton of but don't use anymore worked perfectly for this. 


Notice Claire doesn't have a sandwich? That's because she ate it, an awesome feat considering she never does it!

Making shape sandwiches is just the cutest, it does however leave tons of leftover bread scraps that the kids won't eat because unlike the dinosaurs, they are not cute. No issue though, you can just make croutons. Super easy and way better than store bought. 

Rip bread up in to little chunks.
Sprinkle with whatever you want for seasoning- I used salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder, oregano, and paprika (for no other reason that I had to take it out to get to the salt).
I didn't want these ready until dinner time so I just left the cookie sheet sit out on the stove, fine since dryer bread works better anyways. Right before I was ready to to bake them I tossed with a sprinkle of olive oil. 
Throw them in a 350 degree over for about 10-15 minutes....
and look at the toasty goodness that comes out! 
Super yum. 
Super easy. 
And super perfect for tasty treats like 

This has got to be the most comforting soupy concoction I have ever made. I can't wait until it's nice and cold outside!



No comments:

Post a Comment