Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Morning reality

As I was making my coffee this morning, I looked out the back window just as the sun was coming up and it was just the prettiest sight. It had rained and was still sort of dew-soaked and foggy from the night time. The sun light was making all the moisture on the plants sparkle, so I had a nerd moment and grabbed my camera. When I stepped outside it was all cool and calm and everything just looked so perfect. See? 



My mind immediately wandered to some beautiful quote about how calm and serene life is....
and then I came back inside. 
And the onslaught of kids smacked me right in the face so hard that it made my ears ring. 
Enjoy a photographic journey through my morning realities. 
My nutritious breakfast waiting to be microwaved. 

The stove top disaster from last nights dinner that I was too lazy tired to clean up yesterday.

Wrestling kids. 

Flying kids?

Disastrous kids!

A disapproving baby. 

Clutter...that I'm convinced reproduces itself. 

See previous comment. 

The remnants of 
"But MOOOOOOM we are staaarving! Pleeease make our breakfast!"



My ultra supportive shoes because I'm old and broken down and the tile hurts my everything. 
Best part?
video

This is how all of that sounds. 
(and yes, the marker that still works was found in the couch cushions...and yes, I did tell him to just put it back.)
So there it is, that is my calm and serene morning, broken down piece by piece. When you look at it though the close up feature on my camera it looks pretty rough. 
But after a glance at the big picture I can soundly say that it doesn't look so bad. 



"Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place 
where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. 
It means to be in the midst of those things, 
and still be calm in your heart."
(as seen on Clover Lane)



1 comment:

  1. Wow! When do you have time to blog? My daughter, also named Sarah, has had 5 kids in 6 years. Excellent quote about peace. I am visiting from Imparting Grace.

    ReplyDelete