Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Colored ice

A few weeks back I was browsing through a few websites looking for something to keep the kids busy. 
Summer is not my friend. 
Having 5 kids to keep busy is no easy task and "go play in the basement" has seriously lost its appeal. 
I came across the idea of colored ice play (freezing water with food coloring in it) and it looked like so much fun. So, I got to freezing. I figured that this would keep them busy for at least 15 minutes.... and it did! 
Know what else it did? It dyed my kids. 
I don't know why I didn't think of this because we all know that food coloring stains hands and well, all it touches. But seriously, I saw a million pictures of all these kids playing all over the internet and the thought just didn't occur to me. 
Did they have fun? Sure did. 
Did it make a mess that lasted for days? Um, yeah. 
But, it is summer and I guess if there's ever a season to have green hands for 3 days then this is it. 








No comments:

Post a Comment