Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Mom secrets


I have a laundry list of things that I do on a daily basis that I'm not entirely proud of but feel are necessary for my survival. These things include, but are not limited to the following... 

- I make the boys carry the extra stinky diapers out into the garage.
- Sometimes, when the kids won't stop pushing a button on a musical book, or if it's a book that I just can't stand reading one more time, I wait until they aren't looking and I drop it behind the couch. 
-Since we're talking about the couch, it's not the worst thing if a toy I don't like finds its way under there just far back enough so that it's out of reach. 
-In the last few days I have vacuumed up 2 live spiders and a fly. 
-Kate has become a serious food dropper, so when she gets fussy and refuses to eat, I get her out of her chair and set her down and she snacks on the food she dropped....on the floor. 
-I yell at the kids to clean their rooms constantly even though our is a disaster. 
-Once or twice I've run the dishwasher when it's not necessary just to have some noise to dull the sound of the screaming kids. 
-I say "go play in the basement" 457,569 times per day. 
-My dream come true would be if my kids would turn in to couch potatoes and all veg out and quietly watch tv all day long(ok... so not really but a half our would be pretty great!) 
-2 weeks ago I remember telling the kids we were out of milk and giving them juice because I didn't feel like walking out into the garage to get a new carton.

...and my ultimate moment of shame...

-The other day I actually used the phrase "Santa is watching you and he is disgusted with your behavior!" 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah. I found your blog a while ago and love to read your posts. I have four children ages 4, 3, 2, and 5 months, so it is nice to see what other "moms of many little ones" do too! Love this post, and I have done many of these also! I actually mentioned Santa the other day too! And definitely let my two year old eat the food off the floor when he was smaller. I like the idea of running the dishwasher to down out the kids. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best list ever!!! I can SO relate and boy it is a relief. Kids eating off the floor- and YES my room is always a disaster and I always wonder when the kids will finally notice my hypocrisy... ha ha!

    ReplyDelete