Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A week of our summer

A summer storm rolling in. 
"Damnit Thor, I hate storms..."
(overheard coming out of Nates mouth, Thor being the god of thunder for those of you not in the know)

Name writing practice.

Long days of warm weather and outside play produces some seriously worn out kids. 

This is what happens when mom and dad buy some new furniture.
I'm sure our neighbors saw this and died a little on this inside from this display of classy fun. 
Hope the people that were looking at the house for sale next door enjoyed the show! 
 For those of you who have been to my home and who have experienced my laundry mountain, feast your eyes on the reason for its existence. 
 This is the aftermath of a trip upstairs to get dressed (in the same clothes I wore yesterday so this was a quick change) and make the bed. Total time away, I estimate 6 minutes?
 These pictures do not do this mess justice. Said mess also found its way over that railing and into the living room. 
me- "Who made this mess?"
kids- "DANNY!"
me- "Danny, did you make this mess?"
Danny- "less"
(Less because when Danny says Yes his Y is an L...said also in a holy crap she's mad so I'm gonna whisper and try to be as sweet as possible type of way)

"You are sure going to miss these days!" is what I hear from mothers everywhere. I'm sure I'll miss some of it, but hear me people when I say
I WILL NOT MISS THE CONSTANT MESS THAT CHILDREN MAKE EVERY WAKING SECOND OF EVERY SINGLE DAY!
Seriously. 

Except for maybe messes like these...

these are the messes that make it all worth it. 





1 comment:

  1. Love the passed out in the living room pic! Classic!

    ReplyDelete