Friday, June 28, 2013

A beautiful thing

This morning I witnessed a beautiful thing. 
Most of us are lucky enough to experience beauty everyday in some form or another. Obviously, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and totally subjective... 
Things I found to be beautiful at 20 may no longer be the case and vice versa. 
When you google (yes, Corey, I googled this) beautiful things, you see images of-
sunsets
palm trees
butterflies
fireworks
a horse in a flowery meadow
women in various forms of dress (or undress rather)...
all beautiful things.
But, this morning, the 32yr old mother than I am was witness to a truly stunning display. An act so amazing and rare that one may actually be so bold as to qualify it as a miracle. 
Allow me to enlighten you...


I call this piece 
6yr old boy begs to vacuum on his own at 8:15am  
Truly glorious (insert sounds of angels singing from on high)
Now I realize this seems a bit dramatic, but for the love of all that is holy people, I vacuum anywhere from 1 to sometimes 4 times per day depending on what the kids eat. 
The idea that someday all of these kids will be old enough to where I can successfully farm out a hefty heap of these chores is about the most amazing thought that can cross through my home-making mind right now. 
A little boy who begs to clean...
a thing of beauty? 
Yes, yes it is. 





2 comments:

  1. Ha ha I love it! YES! It IS a thing of beauty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in awe!! That is a thing of beauty indeed! :-D

    ReplyDelete