Friday, January 11, 2013

Health in a cup -or- step away from the taco

What I wanted for breakfast- leftover tacos with melted cheese and sour cream.

What I had for breakfast- a "smoothie" of fresh pomegranate, spinach, and strawberries. 

Hoping that I can keep the momentum going. I'm long overdue for some healthy choices. 

1 cup pomegranate seeds
huge handful fresh spinach
handful frozen berries 
(I used strawberries but I think any kind would be good) 
1 cup ice water


I blended the life out of it and voila! Health in a cup! 
I will warn, if you have a texture issue then this is not for you- would be better off to use a juicer as opposed to a blender. The bits don't bother me so down it went. 
Here's to a productive weekend full of smart choices!



4 comments:

  1. Holy cow sister! I thought 3 in 3 was a lot! Haha! Love it!'n thanks for linking up with fit Friday! This looks yummy! I've never had pomegranate before, I need to try it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you get the pomegranate seeds? Do you buy a pomegranate or can you just buy the seeds?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to buy the whole thing and pick them out. To be totally honest it is a bit of a pain but they are so healthy it's worth it, and not hard, just time consuming. It's actually a process you can google!

      Delete
  3. That actually sounds really good! It is very hot here at the moment so sounds like just the thing I should be drinking instead of coffee.

    ReplyDelete