Monday, December 10, 2012

A Christmas Swap- Trinkets and Traditions

Back in the fall I participated in Fall Friendship Swap, and it was such a good time that I was thrilled when I stumbled along Lauras blog A Hearty Overflow and found a Christmas Swap! 




The idea is sort of like a secret Santa via the mail. As we all know, "grown up" mail can be BORNING so the idea of getting a surprise in the mail just makes my whole day! 

The day my package came was so exciting, it had been a rough day and it was the perfect pick-me-up.



A make your own ornament kit for my kiddies- perfect for looong afternoons.


An entire recipe binder just for me! Perfect because a) somehow I don't have one, and b) because she filled it with yummy goodness! 










And last but not least, some Christmas cheer for my nails- perfect because I have 3 Christmas parties left and (this is the best part)  I take rotten pictures so you can tell, but this red is the most sparkly ruby slipper red ever and is about my most favorite thing on the planet!!


 Thank you so much to my new bloggy buddy Lauren (visit her at Teach*Pray*Love) for sharing her family yummies and holiday spirit! 





3 comments:

  1. what a fun gift!! i love that recipe book! i'm glad you enjoyed the swap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness! LOVING the recipe book, that is such a great idea! :)
    Your package was fantastic!

    ReplyDelete