Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Superhero Secrets and Crime Fighting Dads


A conversation between Sean and I en route to preschool...

"Mom there's a doll house in my classroom at school."
"That's nice. Is there a family and furniture in it?"
"Yes."
"Do you play with it?"
(said through gritted teeth) "Yes."
"Well that's nice." 
"I hate doll stuff being in there!"
"Why? That's a good way to learn to be a Mommy and Daddy when you're older."
"I don't want to be that when I'm older!"
"You don't want to be a Daddy?"
"No."
"Ok, well what do you want to be then?"
"Iron man."



Later in the day I tell my husband about this conversation. Naturally, he does the only thing he deems appropriate... he whispers to Sean that he (my husband) is in fact Iron man and explains that Sean MUST keep it a secret. Sean was skeptical but Corey was very convincing about his superhero crime-fighting abilities. Sean was told that Dad was trusting this secret with him and that he couldn't even tell Nate. Dad and Sean (who you could just tell thought we were both totally nuts)then went off for haircuts and a manly trip to Home Depot. Upon returning Sean took one look at Nate who had just come home from school, looked over to Corey, and whispered "I won't tell your superhero secret Dad."  




4 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah, I’m Anne from Life on the Funny Farm (http://annesfunnyfarm.blogspot.com), and I’m visiting from the mommy Brain Mixer.

    SO sweet. Nothing better than a son who thinks hos Dad is a superhero. The good ones are, aren't they?

    Thanks for sharing this slice of adorableness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following/commeting from the Mommy brain mixer! I hope you'll come and do the same :)
    http://fluffimama.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute. Little boys and their desires to be superheroes (and just like their papas) are so fun. I just found your blog from the Mommy Brain Mixer, and really enjoy your writing, Sarah. What a blessing to have 5 kids. My husband would love that (and me too!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. BAHAHA! Such a cute conversation. I love the things that kids say- maybe he can be Iron Man AND a dad at the same time? Makes me so excited to have my own kids one day and hear the things that come out of their mouths. Just found your blog and have loved getting to know you better. I'm excited to follow along!

    new follower :)
    Bonnie
    www.bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete