Tuesday, September 25, 2012

'Tis the season for pumpkin

I baked these cupcakes for Kates baptism and had to share because they were GOOD! And I have to admit, I'm not a pumpkin lover. Candles yes, pie NO. It's sort of like eggnog for me, I really don't care for it, but I feel compelled to partake because it's the seasonal thing to do. Anyways, my non-pumpkin loving self really liked these because they have just enough pumpkin to make me feel like I'm participating in fall. And...well... they are the easiest things to make ever. I opted to use cream cheese frosting instead of the glaze and thought it was the perfect choice (also added a slight sprinkle of cinnamon and sugar on top because it felt like the thing to do). I'm pretty sure that given the chance, these cupcakes could have been pretty healthy (well, as healthy as a cupcake can be really) had it not been for the lovely dollop of sugary cream cheesy goodness I slathered on top. But, whatever, who eats a cupcake to be healthy anyways right? 




No comments:

Post a Comment