Saturday, September 8, 2012

Random acts of kindness

Corey and I went to dinner for our anniversary tonight. We had such a nice time and our dinners were outstanding. While there, we witness a party of five (I just chuckled to myself remembering that show!) complaining about their food. I say complaining because they seemed to be the type of people that would have complained no matter what. They had the manager in tears and ended up paying their bill with exact change...leaving their poor waitress with not a single cent from their $200+ check (we know because we were nosey and asked our server). So, we did the only thing we could think to do in such a situation. We tipped her! Did we tip her what she should have made off of that table? No. But, I think it probably brightened her night just a little and maybe made her feel appreciated if only just for a moment. 
No better feeling than doing a good deed just because. Show the world some love, and the world will show some right back at you. I will definitely be going to bed with a smile on my face tonight! 


6 comments:

  1. Wow! Good for you. I can't stand when I see something like that happen! I'm sure that waitress was very grateful for your generosity and kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOps! I forgot to say Happy Anniversary:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We tried to sneak out quietly to avoid a big to do with the other server-didn't want her to feel silly or awkward...but I forgot I was in a chair and not a booth-in my attempt at being all smooth I slid out and fell between the 2 chairs! Only me I swear! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'm a new follower from the blog hop! Come visit me whenever you get a chance! :)

    ♥ Shar
    http://sharmartinez.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Following from GFC Blog Hop! Check me out and follow back! I've got a great blog design giveaway going on right now! http://babycakescrunchymomma.blogspot.com/2012/09/rockaboo-designs-review-and-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karma is a powerful thing... You have some good in your corner for sure! Found you on the mommy mixed. Wow. 5 in 5. Wow!

    ReplyDelete