Monday, September 24, 2012

Kathleens special day and ah ha moments

    Baby Kate was baptized yesterday and everything went beautifully. I can say that even though my pasta was a touch overdone and we didn't have a chance to take as many pictures at the church as we would have liked. 
    One lesson I have definitely learned from having all these kids is that things don't always turn out perfectly or go to plan. And that's just fine! Everyone had a nice time, and left with full bellies and smiles on their faces. What more could you ask for? The cupcakes tasted just as yummy even though I didn't have a chance to display them on my pretty cake tower. Know what else? Plastic forks fed the mouths of my loved ones just as well out of the box they came in as they would have if they had been in the pretty basket I had planned to use.
     Typically, I would stressed about those little details. But, for some reason I had a bit of a breakthrough yesterday. I woke up and decided that my motto of the day would be WHATEVER. We were late to the church...whatever, we made it and it was fine. I couldn't properly adjust my too tight pants every time we had to stand during mass because I was holding my precious baby...whatever, nobody cared what my pants looked like and holding my baby was way more important. When we got home, I opted to wear a sweater that I thought made my butt look way too big but thought was pretty...whatever, received a few compliments on it AND felt good about myself and never gave my behind a second thought. Overall, had a much better time with the WHATEVER attitude.
     Most importantly though, not stressing over the little things allowed me to focus and the whole point of the day.



 Baby Kate being blessed by her wonderful Godparents- Big brother Wesley and Christine, my best friend in the world. 




Such sweet smiles!


God bless my gorgeous baby on her most special day! 

I will be forever grateful to my perfect babies for teaching me to
 let go and just enjoy and experience no matter what. Because that is certainly NOT something you'll find from a pretty picture on pinterest! 


1 comment:

  1. Amen! Don't sweat the small stuff. I love your new moto in life.... Whatever!!!!! You are amazing and have a beautiful family. Your house is filled with love!
    ~Megan

    ReplyDelete