Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Finally

I am sharing with you some extremely exciting news. I am the proud owner of a brand spanking new car! Why is this so exciting? Let me paint for you a picture of pure hell on Earth. My previous vehicle was lovely. I actually really enjoyed my car...until one day...the radio broke. Forget that it only sat 7 so it wasn't quite big enough, and who cares that it was a 2002 and only got a whopping 11 miles to the gallon... did you hear me? THE RADIO BROKE! I'm not some serious music lover. I enjoy a tune here or there. But, have you ever ridden in a vehicle with 5 kids under 5 years old without a single sound to tune them out? I can't even begin to express the magnitude of irritation I would experience during a jaunt to preschool. Picture a child crying, not the hurt cry, but the fantastically annoying 'I want something and can't have it cry'... then multiply that x4 and add in a crying newborn. Can you just feel the awesome? I never had an accident or received a ticket for anything. But had I broken the law somehow, I would not have been held accountable for my actions. What I went through while driving my screaming brood around in that mobile asylum was cruel and totally unnatural. But that was all in the past. My new savior is parked safely in the driveway. I have already had the satisfaction of saying "what's that Claire? I'm sorry sweetie, I can't hear you". Breath a huge sigh of relief and let the healing begin! 




3 comments:

  1. Congratutions on the new car, and on the working radio! (A much mandatory car accessory for parents.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha this is hilarious and too true!! So glad I found your blog!
    Following you from the Mommy-Brain Mixer!
    http://lifeonmavenue.blogspot.com/2012/09/shout-out.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the New Car !! glad I found you on Mommy brain mixer !
    Adriana
    mommydoeseverything.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete