Friday, August 24, 2012

For real?

The kids just had a friend over to play and his Mother came in for a minute to chat. She asked me how I keep my house so clean...my house? Clean? Only a fellow Mom (to 4 boys!) could appreciate my version of clean. She was able to overlook the Everest of all laundry mountains sitting outside of my laundry room, and complimented my sparkling stove top. Having people over who are free of judgments and criticisms is really an awesome feeling. And only a Mom knows how much work it can be to keep everything straightened with little ones around. Thinking that this Mom and I are going to get along just fine!

Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing.  ~Phyllis Diller, Phyllis Diller's Housekeeping Hints, 1966


I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby.  ~Nancie J. Carmody



Our house is clean enough to be healthy, and dirty enough to be happy.  ~Author Unknown




1 comment:

  1. I love this post! It's so true!

    I'm now following you and found your blog through life in a breakdowns blog hop, would love it if you had a few mins to check out my blog too http://jo-beautyandthebooks.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete